Saturday, 19 November 2011

William Klein.

I went to the gallery Maison Europeene de la Photographie in the 4th, to another amazing exhibition here in Paris. Heading up seven flights of stairs, which is the norm as they don't seem to have elevators in Paris, I came in to the temporary exhibition space featuring William Klein. The exhibition is solely on his time in Rome, walking the streets aged 21, not knowing where his life was going but simply having the drive to see the unknown. I felt very attached to Klein as I walked around the collection. I am unsure right now of what I want to do, for life, for a career, who I want to be, to know but in the same thread as Klein I want to see everything and find something important to me.
The curation of the exhibition is excellent. Walking down the walls of photographs, ones eyes are constantly flicking back and forth as if one was really catching glimpses of alleyways and shop windows. It was very clever in its ability to make you really feel like you are in Rome, running the streets with just a camera. Later on in the exhibition, there are examples of his professional work in Italy again, they are far more controlled and 'fashion' orientated but again are still stunning images. I couldn't help but upload so many of his photographs but I just think he is fantastic. The patterns of the stacked chairs and the composition of the guys on the beach, is just wonderful.















No comments:

Post a Comment