I have been quite hungover this weekend, so having a bit of spare time not being able to move I watched three great 80's films in a row. I am basically in love with John Hughes and every cast member of every film he has made...
The soundtracks for his films are amazing in my 80's loving opinion. When ever I go to an exhibition alone and it is particularly packed or noisy, I put on 'The Art Museum Song' which is actually a cover of The Smiths "Please Let me get what I want" and wander around the exhibition. Which instantly makes everything very emotional and gives me the feeling being alone with the art work. When I go to the Musee D'Orsay to see George Pierre Seurats "Un Dimanche Aprés-midi á L'ile de la Grande Jatte" I am definitely going to stand, listen and stare like Cameron in Ferris Buellers Day Off.
These few clips here are a few of my favorite scenes from John Hughes creations. I would love to create something with inspiration from theses films, because lets face it, those kids are just plain cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment