Saturday, 15 October 2011

Lanvin.

We have been given the brief, Lanvin. At first I was unsure how to proceed with a project like this. To start with a designer, I found quite peculiar but it is actually a great way of working. Everything I do, in every class here, is underneath the Lanvin project (except cinema, french and drawing course obviously.) I have to research deep into the companys history and ethos and use that as way to develop my project. It is not about just sticking a photo down and saying "I like the pretty dress." It is about analysis, being critical and understanding the company before making your designes. It is a real way to understand the industry and throughly comprehend brands. It is a lot more work, however it is amazing training for the future.
I have come to learn that Lanvin is an incredible design house. Alber Elbaz is genius and the way they bring, chic and expensive with humour is fascinating. I am really excited about how my project is developing and the Spring/Summer 2012 Menswear is breathtaking.
As old as this is, it is just too much fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment