Saturday, 24 September 2011

Finding An Apartment.

Finding an apartment was.... Horrific. You really don't get any help from anyone, luckily I had very supportive parents however at times I still felt at a total loss. As I am only here for three months, it is not long enough to take out a proper tenancy, paying the bills, signing a contract etc. I also felt it was too long a time to live in a hostel or a hotel! So I searched and searched, looking for somewhere to live. There are quite a few websites: 
www.leboncoin.fr/ - An exchange programe, great if you have a property in the UK to swap for another students Paris apartment.
www.paristay.com - Very expensive, however great if you booked in advance and there are a few cheaper options.
www.airbnb.com - An American website that I used. There are quite a lot of expensive apartments but I found a reasonably priced one, however be prepared to pay more than London. 

The best option is to go to Paris for a weekend and find somewhere. But for only three months, I'd say those three websites would be your best bet. Always be extra safe though and check that everything is legitimate as there are lots of scams!
I am living in the 11th Arrondissement which is amazing! However each of the areas have different charming features. The metro is fantastic, so I am happy I found somewhere in the area I wanted, but it would not have been the end of the world to have lived some where else.

No comments:

Post a Comment